As a careers adviser, I have been working with doctors since 2009, when I became a member of the Kent, Surrey, Sussex Deanery careers team. I was then promoted to lead the careers team for this deanery.
At the same time I led on the national NHS careers information for doctors, developing the Health Careers website and leading the team that liaised with all the Royal Colleges to get the information that’s currently on the website now.
I have experience holding 1:1 career sessions with trainee doctors, SAS doctors, international doctors and GPs who want to look at alternative careers.
I have also 1:1 coaching experience with doctors and other clinicians who would like leadership or life coaching sessions. These are a powerful way to unlock potential and to have some reflective time to sit back and review goals and achievements.
Services I offer
1:1 careers guidance/careers coaching
Trainee doctors in England usually have free careers support from Health Education England, so I am offering my services to:
- doctors who are out of training
- SAS doctors
- international doctors
- GPs/Consultants/trainees who would like more of a supportive life-coaching approach, as well as careers guidance.
I will work with a hospital/organisation to run the following workshops:
- F1 career planning workshops (up to 40 attendees)
- F2 interview preparation workshops/also useful for those taking a year out after F2 (up to 40 attendees)
- IMT career planning and career resilience workshops (up to 40 attendees)
- workshops for consultants and GPs who are clinical and/or educational supervisors and want to support their juniors in their career planning (6-14 attendees).
I will review your CV and will suggest improvements and amendments to it. I can also help with application forms.
In addition to the above, I’m also planning to add to this area of the website with useful information for doctors, whether they are in training or not. Watch this space!